2.25.2008

TORTURE MIX

justine is writing a book on torture in iraq and scored a feature in the new issue of mother jones. she is also signed up for the hsa mix trade and was planning to share a mix of songs used in american military prisons. she pitched the mix idea to the magazine and now i can embed it in my blog below. please don't misjudge my lighthearted approach to the topic. i'm happy for my friend's success, but am also fully aware of what this mix represents. check back for a link to justine's story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that mix makes me sorta sick inside.. Why the prince song though? I couldn't figure that one out.

Anonymous said...

There are no less than three of my favorite songs on that list. In my hypothetical torture scenarios I always knew I'd fare well, but didn't realize I'd be singing along.

Anonymous said...

a little predictable... how bout a mix from taliban, al-qaeda or hamas prisons...i bet they hella slap some serious jams up in them joints......